Yesterday was an exciting day around here. I hosted TWO contests and was featured on a pretty prominent photography blog. Yep, a pretty good day. Well, the HONY book giveaway is over (congratulations, winners!), but the Best of 2013 Contest has only just begun!
In case you missed the details on Facebook or in the LYYP newsletter yesterday, here they are …
The contestants are HERE. If you booked a session with me in 2013, you’re already a contestant. (If you had photos with me in 2013 and do NOT see one of your photos in the lineup, that either means that you didn’t sign a model release or that I made a mistake. Give me a buzz and we’ll fix you up in a jiff).
The first round of voting is already under way, with several photos taking a sizable lead over many others. There’s still plenty of time to get those votes in and make sure you make it to the finals! Twenty five finalists will be chosen in the first round. Twenty will make the cut based on the number of votes they receive on Facebook, and five more will by my picks. 😉 You can vote once a day, and the more people you get to vote for your image, the better chance you have to become a finalist! You can cast your vote by going to THIS LINK, and share the link to spread the word. Voting for round one ends at midnight on January 30th and EVERY TIME YOU VOTE, you are entered in a drawing for $50 toward an LYYP session.
The final round of voting — on the 25 finalists — begins on the blog on January 31st. There will be FOUR winners.
1. The winner with the most votes on the blog wins the GRAND PRIZE of a 20×24 standout mount valued at $350.
2. The runner up wins $250 toward a 2014 LYYP lifestyle session. (Session must be scheduled by November 15, 2014 and is subject to availability).
3. TWO random VOTERS will receive a FREE Spring Mini Session valued at $250! (Spring Mini Sessions take place during one weekend TBA (late March or early April) and cannot be rescheduled to a different date, but can gifted to someone else if the winner isn’t available during Spring Mini Session weekend.)
- Round One voting will continue until the end of the day on Thursday, January 30th.
- Round Two voting will begin on the blog on January 31st and continue until Thursday, February 6th.
- I will announce the winners on my blog on Friday, February 7th.
- Sessions must be scheduled by November 15, 2014 and are subject to availability.
- Spring Mini Sessions are only offered one spring weekend (late March or early April, TBA) at a location chosen by me. These cannot be rescheduled, but can be transferred.
- Please keep things fair and vote only for one image – IP addresses will be monitored.
- I reserve the right to disqualify entries or terminate/modify contest if necessary.
So, right now, you need to vote, and get your friends voting, so that you make the finals! (Need that link again? It’s RIGHT HERE!)
Have fun, and good luck!
************ UPDATE JANUARY 31ST — THE FINALISTS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN — GO HERE TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVE! ************************************